Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's been waaaay too long....

I have been seriously neglecting the blog for a couple of months. I can't think of a good reason except that there is too much going on in my head lately.

My grandmother passed away in May a couple of weeks after my last post and so we went to Oregon for her burial and services. She's with my grandfather now. He passed away in 1978. I'm sure they're catching up on some fishing. Grandpa driving the boat and grandma hauling in the fish.

I've been working on various projects and swaps but haven't posted any pics. Hopefully I'll get that done this weekend.

I've also been doing some work on myself. I finally got in the right mind set to make some changes in my diet. I was getting really tired of not having any energy and struggling with the way I felt and looked. So, in May I started on the Jenny Craig plan. It works great for me and I've lost 27 pounds so far. I have a long way to go but I really feel like I'm going to get there. I've started getting up at the crack of dawn (literally) and walking almost every morning (weather permitting). I'm feeling a lot better and am none of my clothes fit very well. I'm looking forward to some serious shopping when the weather cools off. I'm trying to hold out until then. I don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff that won't fit me for very long. This takes up a lot of mental energy but is well worth it. I feel so much better already and have been really good at sticking to it. I'm actually proud of myself which doesn't happen very often (I'm working on that too).

For now, here is a great quote I saw today that I wanted to share.

“When I was a child, my mother said to me,
‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general.
If you become a monk, you’ll end up as the pope.’
Instead I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.”

—Pablo Picasso


I'll be back with pics to share and will try to post at least once per week.

In the meantime, I hope all my blog buddies are doing well and having a great summer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been checking in and have not see a post. Sad that the grandparents both left you but glad that they are together...