Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Getting Things Done

The jewelry show went well and some of my stress has been relieved. I was able to spend all day stamping with friends at a “Stamp Till You Cramp” workshop done by my Stampin’ Up demonstrator. Susie does a great job and is very creative. I always learn something and we made some really great cards. I came home and used several of the ideas for the winter card swap.

We have another jewelry show this weekend so I’ll be spending the week making jewelry and then I’ll be able to work on the other projects on my list.

I did get the Trash to Treasure: Junk Mail swap done and in the mail. Here is the card I made using an envelope and words from a credit card solicitation. I’m glad I was able to put it to use rather than shredding it for the landfill.

2 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

I Lurve this Card! So pretty. I think I have that leaf paper, is it from a slab? Totally digging the recycling angle, too.

Kelley said...

The leaf paper is actually from an envelope. Every now and then I get a pretty one. The rest of the time it is ugly junk mail. I'm going to try using the inside of the security envelopes for backgrounds. They have some interesting patterns.